The Casting Call ‐ Bartender
Your role in the show ‐ Joining the team at Mylahore means that you are part of the Mylahore family. When we invite friends and family into our homes we think of them as guests and we act accordingly. So, when our guests choose to come and dine with us, we treat them like their guests in our house.
At Mylahore we promise to provide a “welcomtastic” place for all our guests and our teams, and being cast in the role of a bartender in the team, means that you will be the key to making this promise a reality, time and time again.
Sure, you will be providing timely, accurate and friendly service while preparing the highest quality beverages and desserts for our guests. But far more important is how you view your role in helping our guests have the most incredible experience possible when they are with us. You are the face of Mylahore to our guests, the heart and soul of how we do what we do.
You will work closely with your fellow Mylahore family members, ensuring the highest standards are met and exceeded; driving our guests experience into orbit which in turn makes all of us successful. And, you will be having fun whilst you work because having guests over to eat should never be a chore, right?
Who is the big cheese? Everybody wants to know who their boss will be and in your role, ultimately it will be the Restaurant Manager who will take care of you, giving you direction, recognition and support. They are supported as well by assistant and shift managers, who are also there to coach, support and motivate the team to deliver the kind of guest experience we aspire to.
What will I do? The first, second and third priorities of your role is providing outstanding guest experiences and ensuring our guests are safely looked after. Naturally there are a number of activities and duties that, taken together, ensure we can deliver the guest experience we have described. Here is an example of some of the most important and consistent tasks that you will be responsible for when you are “on stage” serving our guests:
- Welcome guests with a mile-wide smile and attention that tells them how pleased we are to see them.
- Take beverage and dessert orders from guests and servers, looking for opportunities to share your knowledge of our menu to enhance the guest’s experience with us.
- Prepare and serve drinks and desserts consistent with our Mylahore standard recipes.
- Learn the items on the menu and take guest orders by recording them on the EPOS system.
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make change (if applicable).
- Wash and sterilise glassware.
- Maintains bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves, storage areas and refrigeration equipment.
- Receive and serve food orders to guests seated at the bar.
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to restaurant manager.
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies.
- Accurately complete temperature sheets and understand the shelf life of products.
- Teamwork. Like nothing you have experienced before, working closely with your fellow Mylahore family members on shift is essential to having a fun and successful day at work.
- Resolve any issues or concerns that guest may have with speed, professionalism and good humour, never taking personally any criticism that might come your way.
- Maintaining the guest areas to ensure the highest possible standards of cleanliness and presentation. From the guest toilets to tables, to personal hygiene and appearance, all team members take personal pride and responsibility in maintaining the standards of excellence that we are famous for.
- Proudly wear your uniform at all times in line with the company uniform policy.
- Be open and adaptable to taking on tasks and duties that your manager or a colleague asks you to assist with. We are all in this together to deliver a guest experience that is second to none.
- Actively attend and participate in scheduled team meetings and shift briefings, making suggestions and taking on board the ideas of others that lead to continually improving what we do and how we do it.
What we are looking for in our next family
- A passion to serve and take care of others.
- A positive & proactive attitude towards solving problems.
- A customer first mind-set that sees our guests as the reason for our work, not an interruption to it.
- Prior experience in a bartender or customer focused role, serving guests in a hospitality or retail environment and keeping the bar organised, well-stocked and clean.
- Strong computer literacy skills.
- Excellent knowledge of mixing, garnishing and serving drinks and desserts.
- A desire to solve problems for guests, liking nothing more than knowing that you have not just fixed a problem but blown away the guest’s expectations in doing so.
- A team player who looks to support others, going out of their way to help someone in need.
- A strong belief in personal responsibility and integrity, doing what you say you will do, when you say you will do it, even if no-one is looking!.
- An eye for detail and an attention to cleanliness and safety for our guests and family members.
- Knowledge of a second language will be considered a plus.
This is not a complete list of all the things you will be getting involved in as a key player in the Mylahore team. We must all be open minded and adaptable to ensure we take on board new duties, new ideas and new responsibilities, with always the aim to enhance the guest experience in mind
We are a family. We work together in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity; dignity and due respect for all our employees, our guests and clients and which we proudly describe in our company’s equal opportunities policy.