The Casting Call ‐ Meal Packer
Your role in the show ‐ Joining the team at Mylahore means that you’re part of the Mylahore family. When we invite friends and family into our homes we think of them as guests and we act accordingly. So, when our guests choose to come and dine with us, we treat them like their guests in our house.
At Mylahore we promise to provide a “welcomtastic” place for all our guests and our teams, and being cast in the role of a Meal Packer in the team, means that you’ll be the key to making this promise a reality, time and time again.
Sure, you’ll be carrying out all packing duties including plate presentation and stocking of all items on the station a key activity. Maintenance of all relevant equipment and responsibility for ensuring high quality standard are consistently delivered (e.g. cleanliness, packaging presentation, stock ordering and cost control). A meal packer works with speed and efficiency, and you have a vital role in the day-to-day successful operation of the business.
You’ll work closely with your fellow Mylahore family members, ensuring the highest standards are met and exceeded; driving our guests experience into orbit which in turn makes all of us successful. And, you’ll be having fun whilst you work because having guests over to eat should never be a chore, right?!
Who’s the big cheese? Everybody wants to know who their boss will be and in your role, ultimately it’ll be the Restaurant Manager who will take care of you, giving you direction, recognition and support. They are supported as well by assistant and shift managers, who are also there to coach, support and motivate the team to deliver the kind of guest experience we aspire to.
What will I do? The first, second and third priorities of your role is providing an outstanding guest experiences through the quality of the food and drinks they choose to buy from us. Naturally there are many activities and duties that, taken together, ensure we can deliver the guest experience we’ve described. Here’s an example of some of the most important and consistent tasks that you’ll be responsible for:
- Ensuring that all food and products are consistently prepared and served per company recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards
- Answering the telephone when necessary to take orders, demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of the menu and of selling techniques
- Keeping all equipment clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following Lahore’s preventative maintenance programmes
- Ordering all products in line with predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition
- Preparing all deliveries in accordance with Lahore’s receiving policies and procedures
- Controlling food cost and usage by following proper request of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures
- Maintaining knowledgeable of company policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for all violations of company policies, rules & procedures
- Awareness of the full menu range including all the different packaging procedures for the different products
- Accurately packing products for delivery, determining which bags should be used to store each type of menu item ordered
- Consistently following all Health and Safety regulations
- Teamwork. Like nothing you’ve experienced before, working closely with your fellow Mylahore family members on shift is essential to having a fun and successful day at work
- Maintaining the guest areas to ensure the highest possible standards of cleanliness and presentation. From the guest toilets to tables, to personal hygiene and appearance, all team members take personal pride and responsibility in maintaining the standards of excellence that we’re famous for
- Be open and adaptable to taking on tasks and duties that your manager or a colleague asks you to assist with. We’re all in this together to deliver a guest experience that is second to none
- Actively attend and participate in scheduled team meetings and shift briefings, making suggestions and taking on board the ideas of others that lead to continually improving what we do and how we do it
What we’re looking for in our next family
- Experience working in a similar environment, ensuring he/she can handle the job on hand smoothly under pressure
- The ability to carry out repetitive tasks quickly and carefully
- Good practical, hands-on skills and experience.
- The ability to follow instructions
- A reasonable level of fitness
- Clear handwriting for labelling of guest menu selections
- A customer first mind-set that sees our guests as the reason for our work, not an interruption to it
- A desire to solve problems for guests, liking nothing more than knowing that you’ve not just fixed a problem but blown away the guest’s expectations in doing so
- A team player who looks to support others, going out of their way to help someone in need
- A strong belief in personal responsibility and integrity, doing what you say you’ll do, when you say you’ll do it, even if no-one is looking!
- An eye for detail and an attention to cleanliness and safety for our guests and family members
This is not a complete list of all the things you’ll be getting involved in as a key player in the Mylahore team. We must all be open minded and adaptable to ensure we take on board new duties, new ideas and new responsibilities, with always the aim to enhance the guest experience in mind
We are a family. We work together in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity; dignity and due respect for all our employees, our guests and clients and which we proudly describe in our company’s equal opportunities policy.