The Casting Call ‐ Shift Manager
Your role in the show ‐ Joining the team at Mylahore means that you’re part of the Mylahore family. When we invite friends and family into our homes we think of them as guests and we act accordingly. So, when our guests choose to come and dine with us, we treat them like their guests in our house.
At Mylahore we promise to provide a “welcomtastic” place for all our guests and our teams, and being cast in the role of a shift manager in the team, means that you’ll be the key to making this promise a reality, time and time again.
Primarily, your role is to support your manager to lead the team during your shift, creating an outstanding service driven culture. One that delivers guest experiences that goes beyond their expectations, whilst consistently executing operational excellence. We know that these are the key to sustained profitable growth for our people and our business.
You will achieve this by ensuring that our operational standards are delivered to all of our guests, all of the time. Key to this success is the induction, training and ongoing development of your team to deliver the brand promise to our guests, day-in, day-out.
You’ll work closely with your fellow Mylahore family members, ensuring the highest standards are met and exceeded; driving our guests experience into orbit which in turn makes all of us successful. And, you’ll be having fun whilst you work because having guests over to eat should never be a chore, right?!
Who’s the big cheese? Everybody wants to know who their boss will be and in your role, ultimately it’ll be the Restaurant Manager who will take care of you, giving you direction, recognition and support to motivate you and your team to deliver the kind of guest experience we aspire to.
What will I do? The first, second and third priorities of your role is providing an outstanding guest experiences through the training and coaching of your team. Naturally there are many activities and duties that, taken together, ensure we can deliver the guest experience we’ve described. Here’s an example of some of the most important and consistent tasks that you’ll be responsible for:
- Coordinating the entire restaurant operation, including front-of-house and back-of-house during your shift
- Maintaining the guest areas to ensure the highest possible standards of cleanliness and presentation. From the guest toilets to tables, to personal hygiene and appearance, all team members take personal pride and responsibility in maintaining the standards of excellence that we’re famous for
- Delivering superior guest services and ensure absolute guest satisfaction
- Responding efficiently to customer complaints
- Working with the kitchen teams to ensure we offer the best quality food & beverage products possible
- Organize and supervise shifts ‐ conduct pre-shift planning and facilitate effective shift briefings that provide focus, structure and energy for the shift
- Appraising team member’s performance and provide feedback to keep them upbeat and productive
- Estimating consumption, forecast requirements and maintain inventory
- Monitoring compliance with sanitation and safety rules and regulations
- Controlling costs and minimising waste
- Successfully promoting and publicising the brand
- Supporting the effective implementation of all new promotions, marketing activity and menu launches to time and quality standards
- Compliance with all statutory requirements (e.g. Risk Assessments, H&S; Fire awareness. Accident reporting, Manual handling, Risk Assessments, store cleaning schedules etc.)
- Continually monitors service levels when in store, coaching team members to improve their delivery of the Mylahore service style
- Nurturing a positive working environment and lead by example
- Monitoring operations and initiate corrective actions as needed
- Understanding all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs relevant to the operation of the restaurant
- Creating an atmosphere where all guests feel welcome and always experience responsive, friendly and courteous service
- Overseeing the preparation of all food and products to ensure they are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards
- Controlling cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures
- Filling in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations
- Continually striving to develop your staff in all areas of knowledge, technical skills and professional development
- Preparing all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organised and timely manner
- Ensuring that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programmes
- Providing advice and suggestions to the Store Manager as needed
- Teamwork. Like nothing you’ve experienced before, working closely with your fellow Mylahore family members on shift is essential to having a fun and successful day at work
- Be open and adaptable to taking on tasks and responsibilities that your operations manager asks you to assist with
- Actively attend and participate in scheduled team meetings and shift briefings, making suggestions and taking on board the ideas of others that lead to continually improving what we do and how we do it
What we’re looking for in our next family
- Ability to communicate the predominant language(s) of the restaurant’s trading area
- Have knowledge of service, food and beverage, generally involving at least three years of front-of-the-house operations and/or assistant management positions
- Proficient in MS Office
- Good leadership, communication and organisational abilities
- Analytical mind with good maths skills
- Decisive and proactive approach to problem-solving
- A customer first mind-set that sees our guests as the reason for our work, not an interruption to it
- A desire to solve problems for guests, liking nothing more than knowing that you’ve not just fixed a problem but blown away the guest’s expectations in doing so
- A team player who looks to support others, going out of their way to help someone in need
- A strong belief in personal responsibility and integrity, doing what you say you’ll do, when you say you’ll do it, even if no-one is looking!
- An eye for detail and an attention to cleanliness and safety for our guests and family members
This is not a complete list of all the things you’ll be getting involved in as a key player in the Mylahore team. We must all be open minded and adaptable to ensure we take on board new duties, new ideas and new responsibilities, with always the aim to enhance the guest experience in mind
We are a family. We work together in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity; dignity and due respect for all our employees, our guests and clients and which we proudly describe in our company’s equal opportunities policy.