The Casting Call ‐ Delivery Driver
Your role in the show ‐ Joining the team at Mylahore means that you’re part of the Mylahore family. When we invite friends and family into our homes we think of them as guests and we act accordingly. So, when our guests choose to come and dine with us, we treat them like their guests in our house. And our guests who choose to dine at home and have us “come to them”, deserve no less an exceptional experience.
At Mylahore we promise to provide a “welcomtastic” place for all our guests and our teams, and being cast in the role of a delivery driver in the team, means that you’ll be the key to making this promise a reality, time and time again as you meet our guests in their homes.
Sure, you’ll be delivering orders and collect payment from our customers in a safe, timely, and professional manner representative of the high standards of Mylahore. But far more important is how you view your role in helping our guests have the most incredible experience possible when you’re delivering our Mylahore food to them or when they’re with us
You’ll work closely with your fellow Mylahore family members, ensuring the highest standards are met and exceeded; taking our guests experience into orbit which in turn makes all of us successful. And, you’ll be having fun whilst you work because having guests over to eat should never be a chore, right?!
Who’s the big cheese? Everybody wants to know who their boss will be and in your role, ultimately it’ll be the Restaurant Manager who will take care of you, giving you direction, recognition and support. They are supported as well by assistant and shift managers, who are also there to coach, support and motivate the team to deliver the kind of guest experience we aspire to.
What will I do? The first, second and third priorities of your role is providing an outstanding guest experiences through ensuring our environment remains clean and safe for our guests and fellow team members. Naturally there are many activities and duties that, taken together, ensure we can deliver the guest experience we’ve described. Here’s an example of some of the most important and consistent tasks that you’ll be responsible for:
- Make deliveries of our product to residential and commercial locations.
- Cross-training for other positions as needed such as taking phone orders, and order preparation & packing.
- Record completed delivery orders accurately and immediately after receipt into the POS system.
- Accept guest payment, and make change (if applicable).
- Clean and maintain equipment and work area associated with the job function.
- Report all mechanical problems and car maintenance issues to manager immediately.
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of product and supplies as set in the shift duties.
- Be able to prioritise best routing for more than one delivery at a time.
- Keep the vehicle clean.
- Check the order to make sure you have everything before you deliver. Especially drinks and desserts.
- Complete all vehicle check sheets
- Carry out general cleaning tasks in the branch.
- Cleaning and supply designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, restroom cleaning etc.)
- Performing (and documenting) routine inspection and maintenance activities
- Carrying out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
- Notifying management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Making adjustments and minor repairs
- Cooperating with the rest of the staff
- Consistently following all Health and Safety regulations
- Teamwork. Like nothing you’ve experienced before, working closely with your fellow Mylahore family members on shift is essential to having a fun and successful day at work
- Maintaining the guest areas to ensure the highest possible standards of cleanliness and presentation. From the guest toilets to tables, to personal hygiene and appearance, all team members take personal pride and responsibility in maintaining the standards of excellence that we’re famous for
- Be open and adaptable to taking on tasks and duties that your manager or a colleague asks you to assist with. We’re all in this together to deliver a guest experience that is second to none
- Actively attend and participate in scheduled team meetings and shift briefings, making suggestions and taking on board the ideas of others that lead to continually improving what we do and how we do it
What we’re looking for in our next family
- Proven working experience as a cleaner
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets
- A customer first mind-set that sees our guests as the reason for our work, not an interruption to it
- A desire to solve problems for guests, liking nothing more than knowing that you’ve not just fixed a problem but blown away the guest’s expectations in doing so
- A team player who looks to support others, going out of their way to help someone in need
- A strong belief in personal responsibility and integrity, doing what you say you’ll do, when you say you’ll do it, even if no-one is looking!
- An eye for detail and an attention to cleanliness and safety for our guests and family members
This is not a complete list of all the things you’ll be getting involved in as a key player in the Mylahore team. We must all be open minded and adaptable to ensure we take on board new duties, new ideas and new responsibilities, with always the aim to enhance the guest experience in mind
We are a family. We work together in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity; dignity and due respect for all our employees, our guests and clients and which we proudly describe in our company’s equal opportunities policy.