The Casting Call ‐ Chef
Your role in the show ‐ Joining the team at Mylahore means that you’re part of the Mylahore family. When we invite friends and family into our homes we think of them as guests and we act accordingly. So, when our guests choose to come and dine with us, we treat them like their guests in our house.
At Mylahore we promise to provide a “welcomtastic” place for all our guests and our teams, and being cast in the role of a bartender in the team, means that you’ll be the key to making this promise a reality, time and time again.
Sure, you’ll be providing timely, accurate and friendly service while preparing the highest quality beverages and desserts for our guests. But far more important is how you view your role in helping our guests have the most incredible experience possible when they’re with us. You are the face of Mylahore to our guests, the heart and soul of how we do what we do.
You’ll work closely with your fellow Mylahore family members, ensuring the highest standards are met and exceeded; driving our guests experience into orbit which in turn makes all of us successful. And, you’ll be having fun whilst you work because having guests over to eat should never be a chore, right?!
Who’s the big cheese? Everybody wants to know who their boss will be and in your role, ultimately it’ll be the Restaurant Manager who will take care of you, giving you direction, recognition and support. They are supported as well by assistant and shift managers, who are also there to coach, support and motivate the team to deliver the kind of guest experience we aspire to.
What will I do? The first, second and third priorities of your role is providing “superlicious” menu items that drive superb guest experiences, ensuring our guests return again and again. Naturally there are many activities and duties that, taken together, ensure we can deliver the overall guest experience we’ve described. Here’s an example of some of the most important and consistent tasks that you’ll be responsible for:
- Ensuring that all food and products are consistently prepared and served, as per company recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Preparing a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Following proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Assuming 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Ensuring that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following company preventative maintenance programme.
- Maintaining sufficient stock levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Controlling food cost and usage by following proper request of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of company policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for all violations of company policies, rules & procedures.
- Assisting in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Checking and maintaining proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points
- Be available to adopt other roles that are reasonable for you to be asked to as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Wear the correct uniform at all times, in line with the company uniform policy.
- Be open and adaptable to taking on tasks and duties that your manager or a colleague asks you to assist with. We’re all in this together to deliver a guest experience that is second to none.
- Actively attend and participate in scheduled team meetings and shift briefings, making suggestions and taking on board the ideas of others that lead to continually improving what we do and how we do it.
What we’re looking for in our next family
- Proven experience as a chef in a hospitality environment
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
- Outstanding communications skills.
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimised kitchen processes.
- Credentials in health and safety training.
- A passion to serve and take care of others.
- A customer first mind-set that sees our guests as the reason for our work, not an interruption to it.
- A desire to solve problems for guests, liking nothing more than knowing that you’ve not just fixed a problem but blown away the guest’s expectations in doing so.
- A team player who looks to support others, going out of their way to help someone in need.
- A strong belief in personal responsibility and integrity, doing what you say you’ll do, when you say you’ll do it, even if no-one is looking!.
- An eye for detail and an attention to cleanliness and safety for our guests and family members.
This is not a complete list of all the things you’ll be getting involved in as a key player in the Mylahore team. We must all be open minded and adaptable to ensure we take on board new duties, new ideas and new responsibilities, with always the aim to enhance the guest experience in mind
We are a family. We work together in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity; dignity and due respect for all our employees, our guests and clients and which we proudly describe in our company’s equal opportunities policy.